The mission of the Masjid Al-Rasul Foundation, is to establish programs and services that facilitate the spiritual awakening of the American society, in general, and uplift the impoverished and oppressed people of America, in particular; through the propagation of the true beauty of Islam and the active remembrance and practice of Islamic principles, as taught in the Glorious Quran and traditions of the Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAWA) and his Purified Family (“Ahlul Bayt”) (AS).
Upon this unshakeable foundation, Allah willing (“InshāAllāh”), the Masjid Al-Rasul Foundation shall humbly serve as a beacon of Islamic conscience and community service in America.
The vision of Masjid Al-Rasul Foundationis to establish Masjids/Islamic communities in the most poverty-stricken, disenfranchised, and neglected communities of America, and to maintain regular Islamic programs and community services that provide for the spiritual and social needs of the poor and needy. Masjid Al-Rasul Foundation envisions an environment of love, understanding and fellowship with our brothers and sisters of humanity, which provides a true representation of Islam that is welcoming, resolute in faith, and firm in the advocacy of truth, justice, peace and the teachings of the Glorious Quran & Ahlul Bayt (AS).
- To work diligently and tirelessly in pursuit of Allah’s good favor and divine mercy through the establishment of regular prayers & Islamic programs in the Masjid (based on the Glorious Qur’an and Ahlul Bayt AS);
- To become an integral part of the local community by providing such social services as:
- food banks/pantries
- community health centers
- after-school programs
- Islamic Sunday school
- Academic tutoring, mentoring & job training programs,
- community cleanup and development
- To develop strong and unbreakable bonds of respect, trust, and collaboration between the Masjid & the local community;
- To develop initiatives that help to reduce poverty and crime, while supporting the social, economic and political development of the local community. and
- To promote Islamic awareness in the local communities & society-at-large through Dawah and propagation of the teachings of the Holy Prophet (SAWA) & his Purified Progeny(Ahlul Bayt AS).